Saturday 5 July 2014

The Purge


GUEST WRITER *EHEM* ELLA WITTS.  Ok yes it's because I don't watch horror. Pls explain to me why you want to not be able to sleep at night.

Rating: **

Soooo I don’t really know what to think. I feel like this film should’ve been good because the whole concept is original and exciting….but it just wasn’t. Maybe that’s because I felt that the plot was based on some dodgy possibilities… Like why does everyone suddenly turn into ruthless killers?!? Come on – those villain people in masks are like possessed. And of course the saviours managed to turn up at the exact right time on several occasions.
Also so many horror film clichés were used which kinda ruined this film for me. The creaky door, the abandoned swing, the creepy childish tunes…
I’m gonna be honest… this film really annoyed me. Especially Charlie – possibly the most frustrating character of all time. Most of the plot was based on his stupid actions, like letting that homeless guy in in the first place.
But… I’ve got to admit that I was on the edge of my seat for much of the film, and Rhys Wakefield was really well cast as the main villain. And I fell in love with the homeless guy in the end, even though I was screaming for the parents to sacrifice him before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment