Monday 24 February 2014

The Hobbit: an unexpected journey

Rating: ****

I loved this film and so did most people I know but it is a hefty 182 minutes. I would DEFINITELY recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the Lord of The Rings but I wouldn't watch it if you didn't. I don't really have anything bad to say about it apart from the DVD I watched wasn't the extended version that I first watched online (I watched it twice ok) that included a song sung by the goblins that pretty much MADE the movie. Martin Freeman is just amazing and adorable as Bilbo I can't even stress this enough. Although it is quite hard to imagine him and older Bilbo to be the same person. If you were worried about whether the characters would be able to look younger than in TLOTR you have nothing at all to be worried about, they do such a great job.

If you have no other reason to watch the movie apart from the stunning visual effects then MARTIN FREEMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment